Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One last camping trip before school starts

The other day I fell asleep to the sound of my kids playing a board game (in a friendly manner, even). In the morning, they decided they wanted to play some more. This is what I love about family vacations - even if it's just a camping trip. It's that sweet time of unwinding and leaving all of our obligations behind. No housework, no bills, no catching up on work, no neighborhood friends knocking on the door at all hours of the day.
Don't get me wrong, we have a great arrangement in our day-to-day lives. My husband has decent work hours, I work from home and my kids' friends are fantastic. But there's something about not having the option of playing with friends that forces my kids to appreciate one another. And there's nothing sweeter than watching your kids enjoy each others' company and get along.
Here are some pictures from our camping trip:

Show-Off and The Queen getting along!

An exhausted Lo-Lo passed out in the canoe

Yum-Yum going back to his roots, LOL... he was born in the jungle!

A homemade swing!


What do you love most about family vacations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love -- your comments are always appreciated!