Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Finding my voice: Soul Searching at the Blogging Conference

I'm brand new to the world of blogging, but my friend Liz talked me into going to a blogging conference over the weekend anyway. I never imagined how much of an impact something like this would have on me. I thought I'd walk away feeling more motivated than ever, but instead I left with lots of questions ... that no "expert" could answer for me....

Is blogging a right fit for me?
Do I really have the time to give to it anyway?
Do I really even care about all this beauty stuff? (I have a beauty blog.)
What do I have to offer?
How do I write in my own voice? (I'm a journalistic writer ... ie. No Voice.)
What is my voice anyways?

Hence, the start of this blog. I've realized, as I've looked at other beauty blogs, that I'm not as passionate about beauty products as other beauty bloggers. I really don't care about trying every single nail polish and lip gloss imaginable. I don't HAVE to have the latest and greatest and be in on the most current trends. I do care about looking my best and I do know a lot about how beauty products work (thanks to my day job as a freelance writer). I still enjoy that much. So, I will continue my beauty, but I'm not going to try to be something that I'm not. Hopefully other people will be interested in my take on beauty.

So, as you can imagine, I don't follow a lot of beauty blogs. I'm more attracted to personal blogs. I'm a PEOPLE- PERSON. That is my passion, if it can truly be counted as such. So, this here is my people-person blog. My rants on my daily experiences and encounters and what I've learned from them. Welcome to my blog... I hope you enjoy the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share the love -- your comments are always appreciated!